The Outreach Department of the North Country Library System provides services, materials, and resources to member libraries as well as residents within the system area with special needs, including the elderly (62 and over), blind or visually impaired, physically disabled, learning disabled, residents of institutions, and patrons living in geographically isolated areas not served by a library.
Services & Materials
- equipment loan
- home delivery
To patrons who need specialized materials, or who are unable to visit their local public library, NCLS will send materials directly by mail, free of charge. Library materials available for loan to patrons with special needs include: large print books, books on audiocassette and on CD, DVDs, and other specialized materials.
To register for this service directly from NCLS, download the Outreach Services Certification Form here.
Patrons can request materials through NCLS:
- by mail or dropped off in-person (8am to 4:30pm, M-F) to: NCLS Service Center at 22072 County Route 190, Watertown NY 13601
- by telephone at 315-782-5540, ext 235
- by email at Outreach
- by the NCLS delivery to a member library in the System
- blind or visually impaired
- county offices for the aged
- health care
- literacy organizations
- correctional facilities/transitional living
- physically disabled
- learning disabled